Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#28)



"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





Here's what I'm waiting on this week:



Elemental by Antony John

Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: November 21st 2012  by Dial
A mysterious and powerful fantasy adventure from a Schneider Award winner

In the near future, most of the population of the United States has been destroyed by the plague. The few remaining survivors live in colonies on the barrier islands off the East Coast. In one colony near Cape Hatteras, almost all the members have elemental powers and can control wind, water, earth, and fire. All but sixteen-year-old Thomas. When the Guardians, the powerful adult leaders, are kidnapped by pirates seeking to take over their colony, it is up to Thomas and a small group of teens to save them and preserve the mysteries of the island.

Fast action, strategy, and mystery churn together into a bold and fresh fantasy from an award-winning author.
From the author of Five Flavors of Dumb and Thou Shalt Not Road Trip comes a fabulous, shiny new SF/Fantasy/Dystopia. Now, I've been pining for this book ever since I first heard about it. I was EXTREMELY fortunate to be contacted by the fabulous author himself and offered an ARC of this beauty, and I am still WOW-ing it because I just can't wait for the finished copy to come out, so I can buy myself a one and make every one I know buy one (or many), too!

Also, just FYI, the phenomenal Antony John will be one of the YA Galaxy Defenders in the 2012 edition of MEN in YA (taking place in October), so look out for that, lovelies! :)

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!

11 comments:

Tanja - Tanychy said...

Wow...the cover looks really amazing and the blurb is interesting! :)

Bookaholic 007 said...

I've also recently heard of Elemental and I've requested it as a DRC, so fingers crossed my request will be accepted! Enjoy it! :)

Jessie Marie said...

Oh, wow, that sounds awesome. I am a little put off by how similar the cover is to the Divergent trilogy but it's very cool, nevertheless. And the story sounds awesome. Elementals in Hatteras, my favorite place... EVER? Yes, please. : )

Great pick, hope it's as good as it looks!

Kathy said...

This is the first time I am hearing of this one. Sounds really awesome though.

sarabara081 @ Forever 17 Books said...

I have an ARC of this one and I am looking forward to reading it! Great pick! :)
My W.O.W.

Amy said...

Elemental sounds really awesome!! Look at that gorgeous cover too!! Thanks for sharing hon!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Wow this one definitely sounds like a great book!!! LOVE that cover :D Hope you enjoy it when you get it!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

roro said...

awesome cover
i hope i'll get the chance to read it
gr8 wow

Sharon ObsessionwithBooks said...

This book sounds amazing Evie! thank-you for sharing :) A great cover as well..

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4th-july.html

Aleksandra said...

Yay, I loved last year's Men in YA - it was awesome, so yay for hosting it again :) Also, Elemental is my WoW pick this week, too, and I can't wait for it, I'm so jealous of your copy!!!

Tiffany Mahaffy said...

I totally just seen this on Goodreads and wanted to know more about it!! I look forward to reading your review ( I can see it convincing me to buy a copy).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...