Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#26)



"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





Here's what I'm waiting on this week:



The Diviners by Libba Bray

Hardcover, 608 pages
Expected publication: September 18th 2012  by Little, Brown Books For Young Readers  
Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult--also known as "The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies."
When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer--if he doesn't catch her first.
It's Libba Bray, what could you possible want more? She's insanely clever and her books are not only entertaining and thrilling, but also - or most of all - intelligent and deep. And this beauty has 608 pages worth of awesome! Can't freaking wait!!! :)

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!

13 comments:

Chey said...

As a new fan of Libba's writing, I can't wait! :D

Lexie said...

YES YES YES! :D Libba Bray, magic, and the Roaring Twenties? That is a recipe for EXTREME AWESOMENESS.

Alex Raicea said...

Hei !

Ghostland by Jory Strong is the prize of my first international giveaway ! :) http://booktownlover.blogspot.ro/2012/06/international-giveaway-ghostland-by.html

Lauren said...

Oohh That sounds like a good one!
Magic and set in the '20s = win!


My WoW 

Dominika said...

Giveaway: http://artjournalstories.blogspot.sk/2012/06/trnava-minute-part-3-international.html

Kathy said...

The 1920's (which I LOVE- those cute flapper dresses, and the guys wore amazing suits! Swoon), and magic?! Sounds amazing. I am dying to read my copy from BEA like right now. It's popular this week! Amazing, fantastic choice Evie!

Misa G. said...

I haven't read any of Libba Bray's writing, but this book sounds amazing! And I love that cover :) 600+ pages sounds like a lot, though... O.o

Misa
Skyway Avenue Reads

Amy said...

I really want to read this one too!! It sounds so awesome!! Great pick! :)

Marmaladelibby (aka Ange) said...

A HUGE ditto on this one! I adore Libba Bray, especially when it's fantasy of some sort. Here Gemma Doyle series a favorite of mine. Here's our Waiting on Wednesday at Libby Blog. Happy reading!

A Backwards Story said...

I've read two books by Bray so far, and enjoyed one of those. I'm going to wait and see the reviews on this one first!

roro said...

sounds diffrnt lol

Jessica Dunlow said...

I actually have an ARC of this book...maybe after I read it I will share :-)

Check out mine at http://www.amidsummernightsread.com

Giselle from Book Nerd said...

Oohh sounds amazing! I've seen this one on BEA Book Hauls and it's hefty! Can't wait to get it :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...