Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#23)

"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:

Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Hardcover, 416 pages
Expected publication: September 18th 2012  by Scholastic Press Canada   
“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of theShiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before.
OMG!!! Maggie Stiefvater's new series... And it sounds way cool and mysterious! I love how eerie and magical it sounds, a little bit dark.. and so.. strange! It's definitely one of the most anticipated 2012 releases for me :)

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!


Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I'm very interested in this one too! The title and cover look good!

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

tinkerbell the bipolar faerie said...

LOVE!!! Here's my WoW

Jessirae said...

YAY! I love Maggie's books so I'm super excited for The Raven Boys to come out too! I love how it sounds a bit dark and it does give off that strange but unique feel! Excellent choice! I love it <3

Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
My WoW

Tara said...

I love Maggie's writing usually, so I'll be picking this one up - and as you've said it sounds really quite dark and interesting!

Kristin@BloodSweatandBooks said...

I just posted the trailer of this book yesterday. I really think this series will be really good and its definitely one I'm going to be waiting on as well.

My WoW

Amy said...

I haven't read any of her books, but this one sounds fantastic!!

Kris (Imaginary Reads) said...

I am super excited for this book for the same reasons. Can't wait to read it!

My Wow

bookworm105 said...

I'm looking forward to this one as well! I love the cover and the synopsis makes it even harder to wait for!

Great pick! =D

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really want this one too. Love the eerie cover. It draws me in! Everytime I hear the title, though, I think of Edgar Allen Poe. Oh well, not a bad thing!


kimba88 said...

This sounds dark and delightful..awesome pick!
My WoW

Sierra Abrams said...

YESSSSS!!!! I want this so badly!! Looks amaaaazing!

Sierra @ Yearning to Read

Sierra Abrams said...

YESSSSS!!!! I want this so badly!! Looks amaaaazing!

Sierra @ Yearning to Read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...