Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#22)

"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:

Silver by Talia Vance

Expected publication: September 8th 2012  by Flux 
An Irish heritage, Celtic myth, and deadly beauty 

In eighth grade, Brianna did something so dreadful she was suspended and homeschooled. No one could explain what happened that night . . . except Brianna’s Irish grandmother, who gave her a silver charm bracelet and told her to wear it until she turned seventeen. Ever since she slipped it on, Brianna has felt like she’s invisible. People stare right past her as if she doesn’t exist. And that includes Blake Williams, the one boy she can’t resist. 

But everything changes in one frozen, silver moment when Blake sees her—and recognizes what she’s been hiding. Brianna is descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth. Yet before she can fully understand who or what she is, Brianna accidentally binds her soul to Blake—whose tribe has spent the last thousand years hunting Danu’s descendants to protect humanity.
This book had me at Celtic myths and Irish heritage. I care not for the deadly beauty, but the two other "ingredients" are absolutely wicked awesome! I can't resist.. can you??

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!


Crystal Grant said...

I'm so excited for this book! I think it's going to be very interesting and different! I have high expectations! Awesome choice :)

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Dea S. said...

Great pick Evie! This sounds unique and exciting and I hadn't heard of this before. Thanks for the heads up and for sharing :)

Teen Readers' Diary

Sharon ObsessionwithBooks said...

I can't wait to get hold of this book as well Evie! a great pick this week.

My WoW,

Cary Cheyenne. said...

I can't wait to read this! Great pick!! :)

Here's my W.O.W:

Have a great day!

Kim said...

Ahh I can't wait for this either! The Celtic myths had me as well, it sounds so unique compared to other mythology books! Fantastic pick :)

Kim @ The Paper Planes

tinkerbell the bipolar faerie said...

This sounds like a good one.

Mine: [HERE].

Kathy said...

Such a pretty cover and an intriguing synopsis. I have been wanting to read this one too!

Amy said...

This book sounds awesome!! I am looking forward to this one too.

Kristin@BloodSweatandBooks said...

This is one I'm really looking forward to as well.

My WoW

Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed said...

Beautiful cover! I received a copy of this from NetGalley, can't wait to read it!

kimba88 said...

You had me at Ireland and Celtic. I am on my nook, so i cannot leave a link, but my wow is on the blog :)

Jaime Lester said...

Thanks for posting about this one. I had not heard of it, but I saw that AMAZING cover and then read the synopsis. I am completely intrigued. And to think, I may not have ever heard about it if you didn't WWW! Thanks so much!

Giselle said...

Oh I think I had this as my wow a while back too it sounds super awesome!!

Sierra Abrams said...

This actually looks pretty good! Not a priority read but I'm definitely intrigued! Thanks for sharing!

Sierra @ Yearning to Read

hriju said...

This book sounds pretty interesting. The summary is catchy. I want to read this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...