Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#19)

"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:

Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson

Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: October 9th 2012  by Harper Teen  
Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she’ll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she’s there. 

What Ellie doesn’t anticipate is Graham’s infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there’s suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it’s up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.

Deadly legends, hidden identities, and tentative romance swirl together in one girl’s unexpectedly-epic coming of age
I love the premise and the setting of this book! I think it's going to rock my world pretty hard (at least I'm hoping it will!). I mean, come on.. deadly legends..? Hidden identities? Swoon-worthy romance?! This sounds soooooo good.. right?! :D So, so excited for this one!

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!


Carina said...

I have to admit that so far I mostly ignored it, but I'm really glad I took the time to read its summary now! It sounds awesome - thanks a lot for sharing! :)

Fictional Distraction

Kathy said...

This does sound pretty good. Honestly I hadn't really paid attention to this one but it does sound amazing.

Great choice!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Yessss I am so excited for this one!!! She's local and her book launch is going to be at my local indie!!! I AM STOKED! :D Great pick!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Nina @ Death Books and Tea said...

Not heard of this one! Looks interesting though-Norway doesn't get enough love.
Definitely want to read this one. Thanks for sharing!
Nina @ Death Books and Tea

Kristin@BloodSweatandBooks said...

Really looking forward to this one as well.

My WoW

fakesteph said...

You're so right! Hidden identities, deadly legends, swoon-worthy romance... I am SO there!

Jessica L Buike (AuthorJess and Operation Relax) said...

Honestly, there are so many books out there that I want to read that I don't even think I could list them! :) lol. I posted a link to this today on my blog:

Lexie said...

YES to this one. For pretty much all the reasons you said. I think, if this one lives up to its premise, it'll be insanely fantastic.

My WoW

sarabara081 said...

I completely agree! The setting and premise are both unique and refreshing. Great pick! :)
My W.O.W.

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Evie, I'm with you. This book sounds GREAT. It's already on my TBR, in fact!


roro said...

sign me up

exited hope it is as good as mythos books

Sharon ObsessionwithBooks said...

Hi Evie :)

I am so excited to get hold of this one as well.. A great pick!!

My WoW,

Amy said...

This book sounds like it's going to be really awesome! I'm looking forward to it too!!

Stephanie said...

This book sounds awesome!! I also looking forward to it :)

Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...