Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#15)

"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:

Social Suicide

Paperback, 272 pages
Expected publication: April 24th 2012by  Harper Teen

Twittercide [twit-er-sahyd]: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went...a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the Homecoming Queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.

I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos...
Why I'm excited for this book? I've recently read and reviewed Deadly Cool, which is the first book in Deadly Cool series, and it was just such a great, refreshing, fun read - I can't wait to get my hands on the second book. It pains me that I need to wait so long, so hopefully I will be able to get my hands on an ARC *Puss-like eyes*

Here's the first book in the series:

Paperback, 320 pages
Published October 11th 2011
by HarperTeen 

Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool.

But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!


Sophia said...

I haven't read Deadly Cool yet but it sounds like a fun read! I love the covers for both. :)

My WoW :)

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I haven't read Deadly Cool but I like the cover of book #2. :D

Feel free to check out my WOW
Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Kathy said...

These books sound like so much fun. I am going to have to check out Deadly Cool ASAP!

Mateja said...

Oooo, I need this series like, now! Gorgeous covers :)

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

Haven't read Deadly Cool yet but they both sound really interesting! Plus I love the covers, they really draw you in. I wish you luck getting your ARC of this book :)

Here's my WoW

Jennifer said...

Deadly Cool is sitting on my bookcase waiting to be read. Sounds interesting but I haven't had the urge to break the spine. The cover is great though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...