Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#14)

"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:

This Is Not a Test

Expected publication: June 19th 2012                     by  St. Martin's Griffin

It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up.

As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, everyone’s motivations to survive begin to change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life–and death–inside.

When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?
Why I'm excited for this book? Well, for once, I actually read the Goodreads synopsis and it sounds like a unique take on the zombie apocalypse! It also seems very dark.. and, well, deep! There seems to be a lot going on on the emotional front, too - which is exactly what I'm looking for in books! Plus the cover is gorgeous (duh~!) I'm so looking forward to reading this book!!!

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!


Amanda @Stuck In YA Books said...

this looks very good! Great pick Evie:)

Shae Carcar said...

I like the title

Kathy said...

This does sound amazing. I love the cover. There are so many amazing titles coming out in 2012!

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

The cover and title is so awesome! Not so sure about the zombie thing but I think it's worth a shot!

Feel free to check out my WOW
Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Mateja said...

Haven't heard about this book before but it sounds really good. And the cover is so pretty.

Book Passion for Life said...

Awesome pick hun. I can't wait to read this either. ~ Donna

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

Love the choice this week! It's great to finally have a different view on zombies for a book! The cover really draws me in as well.

Feel free to check out my WoW this week!

Petra @ Safari Poet said...

I think I'll make this my first book involving zombies. Great choice!

Win an ebook of Destined by Jessie Harrell

Chey said...

This sounds amazing! Must be bumped to the top of my wishlist of books coming out next year. :D

Grace Fonseca said...

A great pick. Love the cover and like that it has zombies in it. Great selection.

Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

Giselle said...

Oh great pick! I love the original zombie premise in this one, too!

Xpresso Reads

Lindsay Cummings author said...

always a sucker for zombies!

here's my WOW post. stop by??!

Sharon @ Obsession with Books said...

This book sounds amazing Evie! definitely going on the TBR pile.

My WoW,

LittleRedReads said...

great pick evie! this sounds so good!
definitely putting this on my TBR :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...