Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#7)

"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver

Expected publication: March 6th 2012 by HarperTeen

Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.
I haven't read Delirium yet, but it's on its way to me (I won it in a giveaway~yay*_*) and so I'm already waiting for the second installment! :)

What are you waiting on this week?

Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!


Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

OOOOhhhh!! What a pretty cover :)

Mocha ღ Latte said...

I love Pandemonium's cover(going to buy the S.E of Delirium for the matching covers)

Here's my W.O.W :

-Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

KTJ said...

Wow what a beautiful cover! I haven't read Delirium yet but its on my list!!

Thanks for stopping by my WoW and you wont regret reading any of Tamora Pierce's books!

Tyraa said...

I like the cover! I haven't read delirium either, but I'll get to it sometime soon! :)

landofbooks said...

Pandemonium's cover is absolutely stunning! :D

My W.O.W.

Sharon said...

A beautiful cover! I hope to start on Delirium sometime soon.

My WoW is here,

Have a nice week.

Ange said...

Loved Delirium!!!! Can't wait for this one either. Great pick!

Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

My WoW:

Jan von Harz said...

Even if I didn't love Delirium, I would read anything Oliver writes so am anxious to read this one too. Great pick!

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

I have to read Delirium too!!
I have it !!(YES!!)

You can check out my wow @
Young Readers

Jennifer G. said...

I haven't read Delirium yet either. Sounds good though. New follower :)

GABY said...

A lot of people is waiting for this one! I haven't read Delirium, but it's on my TBR list.

My WoW

Kathy said...

I loved the first book in this series, and I love this cover. So excited for this. AWESOME pick!

Lea said...

YAY!! This is the first time I've even seen the cover for this one, so thanks for sharing! Oh man, Delirium was something else-- such beautiful writing, such a touching story... I think I cried at the end! Can't wait for this one to be release :D

Have a great Wednesday chickie!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Zakiya LadyWings said...

Am reading Before I Fall right now, but have never read Delirium. Here’s mine this week: WOW. Happy Reading!

Also, check out my anniversary giveaway!

~Zakiya LadyWings

Liz. R said...

Congrats on your win! I haven't read Delirium either but I hope I can soon! I love the cover of Pandemonium - great pick!

Badassbookreviews said...

I haven't read this series yet, but her covers are gorgeous!

Glad to see they are popular.

Erika @ badass

A Canadian Girl said...

I've got to get around to reading Delirium too. I have the hardback signed by Lauren but the paperback version's cover is so pretty as is the cover for Pandemonium.

Carissa said...

I cannot stop staring at this cover! It's very striking. I haven't read Delirium yet, but I have heard awesome things!

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your WoW with me!

This week’s WoW: Darker Still

Penelope Lolohea said...

*Squeal!!* I haven't seen this cover yet! I'm so excited for this one. I LOVED Delirium. Great pick!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...