Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

(Cover Reveal) Fever by Lauren DeStefano (The Chemical Garden #2)

Fever (The Chemical Garden #2)
by Lauren DeStefano

Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: February 21st 2012 
by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing 
Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but they’re still in danger. Outside, they find a world even more disquieting than the one they left behind. Determined to get to Manhattan and to find Rhine’s twin brother Rowan, the two press forward, amidst threats of being captured again . . . or worse. The road they are on is long and perilous—and in a world where young women only live to age 20 and men die at age 25, time is precious. In this sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price—now that she has more to lose than ever.

So.. I don't really know how I feel about this cover. I LOVED the cover of Wither, but this one is kind of like... naaahh... I don't like the colors, the girl looks like she's on crack and what's with the horsey? Ok, ok, I admit I am yet to read Wither (it's sitting on my bookshelf and I should get to it soon!), so maybe I just don't see some hidden meaning in the cover, but visually it just doesn't appeal to me.
What do you guys think??

13 comments:

Kelly said...

I agree that it's not as visually as appealing as the cover for Wither (which I also have not read yet, but it's on my bookshelf, too!). I really like the darker colors on the cover for Wither. The bright green on this cover just doesn't do it for me, since it doesn't go with the rest of the colors on the cover. Overall, though, I do like it, but I would like it more if they had chosen a different color other than that green--maybe a shade of pink, since there's a little bit of pink in the cover.

Rachel said...

It's so...blah, I guess, compared with Wither. WIther's cover was so striking, like woah. And I hate the girl's expression, she looks really out of it. It's a fine cover, but compared to Wither's, it's just okay.

Jennie said...

You're not alone. I don't like this cover at all. I think there's too much going on. What is up with that horse?! Plus, the green just looks awful. I love the cover for Wither, but this one is extremely disappointing.

Bree said...

Definitely cracked out but then again the series is called The Chemical Garden. Maybe too many chemicals were mixed in the garden. lol

Laura Hartness said...

Meh. Looks like something an amateur could have done. Needs more color and less of that crackhead look.

Ange said...

I don't think I like this one at all. The colours are all wrong. It just doesn't fit. I agree with the crackhead look on the girl as well, don't know what they were thinking.

Evie said...

Guys, thanks for your comments! I am so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like the cover! And I totally agree with all of you, the green color just doesn't match the purple/pink AT ALL! It's just... awkward.

Thankfully, this is a second novel in the series so people already know that the series is awesome, otherwise I think not many of us would pick it up!

Lauren, what the hell happened here?!

Linda: By the Book said...

Ehh. I loved Wither's cover and this doesn't even compare to the first one. It doesn't even relate to the other cover. It's a good thing Wither was awesome or I might not add it to my TBR list. Fever is a nice name, just a bad-ish cover.
I hope you enjoy Wither.

Kathy said...

I am not a fan of the green on the cover. It just sticks out for some reason. I love Wither's cover much more.

Anna said...

Though I like Wither's cover better, I think this one will probably grow on me.

Jaclyn S. said...

I'm not as star struck either, but on the last cover i think half the beauty was how everything circled on it matched up with the story. I feel like this cover must do the same, and more beauty will come after we read the book it will become more attractive, oh ye of little faith :-P

Cant wait to read the book and see what ithe cover is all about!!

Jess said...

I feel like the cover of this book was a really bad photoshoot that some wannabe photographer decided to do. It's just so strange because Wither's cover was absolutley gorgeous.

LoriStrongin said...

I loved the cover except for the green lettering and title font. It looked too "fake" when superimposed over such a realistic cover, IMHO.


Smiles!
Lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...