Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#5)

"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:

Ripples by Mandy Hubbard

Expected publication: July 21st 2011 by Razorbill/Penguin

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she’s ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?
This pure awesomeness is coming up soon from Penguin! Mermaids? Who doesn't love mermaids? I can't wait!!! :)

What are you waiting on this week?

Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!


krazzyme said...

Heard a LOT about this one.I'm not sure whether I'm going to read it (If I get my hands on it of course!) The synopsis is interesting though.
Here's my Wow

GABY said...

I've this one on my wishlist!

My WoW

Ann @Semisweet said...

This was on my TBR mental list, too! Mermaids and water spirits? I'm so there! lol

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I'm really intrigued by the rash of siren/mermaid books coming out. Great pick!

Jessica (BookLover) said...

You're right - this book does sound good! :)

P.S. Yes, I got Ashfall through NetGalley and they're probably still accepting people to review it since it doesn't release until October. :)

Somer said...

I love mermaids! I will have to keep my eye out for this book! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lyddz said...

I just finished Tempest Rising, like half an hour ago, and I am totally ready for my next mermaid or siren book!!!

Jennifer A said...

How did I not realize this was about mermaids??! Well, now I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Reading Angel said...

I've been dying for this one too!! It looks so good :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...