Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Cover Crazy - Monday meme (#6)

Cover crazy is a weekly meme created by: The Book Worms

So this Monday  I am totally crazy about this one!

This book was everywhere I looked, everyone was talking about it (ha! raving about it~), so I finally went ahead and ordered it from Book Depository (for only 9 dollars with free shipping! o_o).. I got it 2 days ago and I just had to make it my CC this week.. The picture of the cover doesn't do it justice! It's so much more beautiful when you actually hold it in your hand and feel the texture!

The circles have different, smoother texture.. The dust cover is simply gorgeous and soooo classy! I love it :D I could hug it and sleep with it, if I wasn't afraid I damage it!  And I love the colors too.. ^^ What do you guys think about this cover?

About the book: 
Wither by Lauren DeStefano

(Goodreads description)
What if you knew exactly when you would die?

Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out.

When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home.

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limted time she has left.
Please share your Cover Crazy with me! Don't forget to leave a linky!! 


Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

Excited to see what you'll think of the book! I loved it as well as the cover. My favorite part of the cover was the caged bird and her make up :)

Bookish Brunette said...

This is such an gorgious cover! It tops my list of all time FAVS! And the story is freaking fab too!

Allie said...

This cover is awesome. I'm so excited to read this book!

Gina @ My Precious said...

I love this book and I love this cover. In real life its incredible! They significant amount of symbolism going on is amazing.

Nice choice!

Darlene said...

I have to agree with you - that cover is absolutely gorgeous! I have this book to read - hopefully I can get to it soon.

Brittany said...

I share your love for this cover :) Too bad I haven't had the chance to read it yet!

vvb32 reads said...

i like it too. and the dystopia premise makes it more interesting.

Andrea said...

I love this cover! I am not a fan of dystopian novels, but I may read this one just for the cover. I am a new follower. :)

Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...