Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cover Crazy - Monday meme (#5)


Cover crazy is a weekly meme created by: The Book Worms

So this Monday  I am totally crazy about this one!





So this week, for the first time in the history of my CC meme, my cover pick is NOT featuring a "girl in a beautiful dress" theme :D yay! Well ok, there appears to be a girl on this cover as well, and she looks like she's wearing a dress too.. but hey, we can't know for certain, right? I mean it could just as well be a long-haired fella in a fancy robe, right? (right?!)

Why I picked this cover? It's simply gorgeous. Looking at it makes me happy. The wonderful, shiny sky.. beautifully painted clouds.. and the Pegasus! Frankly, I don't know what the book is about and if it's any good, but just looking at the cover makes me want to order it right away and read it :)


About the book: 
Pegasus by Robin McKinley

(Goodreads description)
Because of a thousand-year-old alliance between humans and pagasi, Princess Sylviianel is ceremonially bound to Ebon, her own Pegasus, on her twelfth birthday. The two species coexist peacefully, despite the language barriers separating them. Humans and pegasi both rely on specially-trained Speaker magicians as the only means of real communication.
But its different for Sylvi and Ebon. They can understand each other. They quickly grow close-so close that their bond becomes a threat to the status quo-and possibly to the future safety of their two nations.
New York Times bestselling Robin McKinley weaves an unforgettable tale of unbreakable friendship, mythical creatures and courtly drama destined to become a classic.
Please share your Cover Crazy with me! Don't forget to leave a linky!!

7 comments:

Carmel @ Rabid Reads said...

Great pick this week! I've never heard of this book but it sounds intriguing. Another one to add to the pile!

Carmel @ Rabid Reads
My Cover Crazy

Allie said...

Great choice. The cover is gorgeous!

Bookish Brunette said...

I LOVE this one lady! Great choice!

My Cover Crazy

Small Review said...

You're so funny. "Girl with pretty dress" is one of my favorite things to see on a cover :)

The cover of Pegasus is absolutely gorgeous! I did a CC post on it a few weeks back. Unfortunately I tried reading the book and didn't get very far, but, wow, that cover? I'd so frame it and put it on my wall.

My cover crazy posts

.

A Backwards Story said...

I adore this cover SO much. I own all of Robin McKinley's books...I *adore* her. I was going to wait for this one in pb, too, but that cover is so stunning that I HAD to buy it in hardback. I caved!!! ^^;;;;

Haha, and you made me laugh by saying that could be a long-haired guy in a robe!

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I've been staring at this cover for a while now and I'm not sure why I haven't actually picked it up yet. Really like the way the green grass reflects a little bit in the sky. Cute pick!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I agree -- this cover just seems so fairy-tale magical =D I definitely want to read this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...