This week's Top Ten Tuesday is your top ten bookish pet peeves.
1) I hate when people spill/smudge something on the library book pages. I get that this is not your book, but you could show a little bit of respect for the publication anyway and not eat/drink over it or take it to the bath with you.
2) Bending the pages of the book is not very nice either. How hard is it to use a bookmark?
3) I don't like copy-cats. After "Twilight" we seem to have a huge flow of "happy, shiny, flowery" vampire novels.. whatever happened to dark and scary vampires??
4) I really don't like whiny and weak characters and don't see any point in making such a character a lead one.
5) I get seriously irritated when people say "books are boring" or "I don't like books".. How can you not find even just a single novel that you would find interesting?
6) I don't respect people writing reviews with only one purpose in mind : getting free books for reviewing. That's very low. That's like a book pr0stitution or something!
7) I'm sorry to admit this, but I am not a huge fan of ebooks. I am a traditionalist, I gotta hold the real thing in my hands to fully enjoy reading.
8) I hate that I am a slow reader.. ugh!!
9) I'm mildly annoyed at the fact that people (including me) tend to judge the book by it's cover. It rarely works.
10) One last thing - not being able to have a printed version of a book that I really enjoyed, but was published only in an electronic version. That sucks too!
can I add one more??
11) Seeing all these reviews of ARC copies makes me depressed sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love to learn about books that are about to be published, it's a great advantage! But then when I write a review of a book that was published, say, 2-3 years ago, I feel like some sort of book-reviewing-dinosaur. Do you ever feel this way? I mean, there are so many great books out there, why focus on the ARC only?
Ok, I am dying to see your Top Ten bookish pet peeves :)