Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #1


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser this week:


"There was a tear in the armpit of his shirt, and the cold wind blew through that, too."

"Also nobody likes that I take apart my food to inspect the components"

- from 20th Century Ghosts (short stories collection) by Joe Hill
(I am loving this book soooo much, review soon!)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very interesting. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-home-to-woefield.html

Marg said...

Welcome to Teaser Tuesday!

Here is my teaser for this week.

Chel said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking apart your food and inspecting the components! The title of the book sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Chel @ The Procrasinator's Corner

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Hmm, Joe Hill...I keep meaning to read something he's written. Thanks for sharing.


Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Jessica said...

I've been wanting to read Joe Hill for a while now. Keep waiting for a break in my TBR pile ha like that's ever gonna happen but now after reading your teaser I want to read his work even more

Jennifer Stone said...

Interesting tease! Here's my Teaser Tuesday. Happy Reading!

Margot said...

I love short stories too.

My teaser at Quirky Girls Read

Tribute Books Mama said...

great teaser, stop and see mine.

A Backwards Story said...

I love how descriptive those two quotes are! I can picture wind blowing through a hole in the armpit of my shirt and it makes me SHIVER.

I also like the visual of taking one's food apart to inspect what's lurking beneath the surface.

Very descriptive!

Thanks for following me! <3 I'm following you back! Looking forward to seeing more of you :)

I'm glad you like the cover for Demonglass; so do I! Such a fun set-up for these covers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...