Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Follow Friday! (#1)

Follow Friday is a weekly blog HOP, hosted by Parajunkee

Q. Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.

So, here is 5 book related silly facts about me:

1) I could spend the whole day in a book store, I don't think I would even need to eat or drink... No, actually I think I could just camp out in a book store. Spending time surrounded with hundreds of books makes me happy as a clam at high tide.

2) When I was a kid and I read a particularly scary book, I used to put it in the fridge, thinking it will keep the monsters away.

3) I love snuggling under a blanket, with a cup of hot cocoa or coffee with cream (or cappuccino!) in one hand and a good book in the other. I don't think it's silly though, so I'm not sure it really counts. I just felt like sharing it :) That's my little piece of heaven.

4) My husband can not comprehend fiction books. He only reads non-fiction publications. The only time I got him to read a fiction book, was when he agreed to read "Shutter Island" by Dennis Lehane. He loved it, read it in one day, but that didn't make him want to read more fiction books. In fact, he never read any other fiction book again.

5) The first book I read in English was the first part of Harry Potter.

Okie! So! it would be great to see your answers too, please leave me a link in the comments below! I'll visit your blog to check it out :) I'm going back to Soul Quest now, I'm nearing the end of it and am totally in love with Amy Jones' writing style! Stay tuned for my review!


GraceKrispy said...

Hopping over! My husband doesn't get fiction books either! They are a waste of paper and time to him.

GraceKrispy@MotherLode blog

Belle said...

That's so funny that you would put books in the fridge! I think I would just hide under the blankets lol. Here are my 5 facts if you're interested

Aimee said...

Great answers! That is cute! Putting the book in the fridge! I'm a new follower! Thanks for stopping by!

Aimee @ Coffee Table Press

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Great list! I love number 2 and would also be quite happy camping out in a bookstore. I just read Shutter Island last month and loved it!

Have a great weekend.

Liz said...

Hi Evie! Great facts! The one about putting scary books in the fridge reminds me of that episode of Friends, when Joey put Stephen King's The Shining in the fridge because he got scared! haha

New follower! =]

That's What Liz Read

Alison said...

Hopping through. It's so adorable that you used to put scary books in the fridge!!
My Hop

Natalie (Mindful Musings) said...

I love reading blankets with books and coffee/hot cocoa too!

And I think it's hilarious that you put "scary" books in the fridge to make the monsters go away. I haven't heard that one before!

Rebecca said...

Hi Evie! My favorite thing is also snuggling up with a cup of cocoa and reading! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...